Välinge files 26 EP applications based on the first 5G patent family
Viken, Sweden - July 06, 2011
The first 5G patent family, VA 23, is anticipated to give 26 different EP patents
Välinge has now completed the filing of all divisional applications related to the first 5G application that describes a 5G system with a separate tongue in a groove that locks with vertical folding. This application is very broad and describes a wide variety of locking systems with flexible, displaceable or rigid asymmetric or extruded tongues, tongue blanks and inserting equipment.
In total there are 26 different inventions that have been patented. The claims are directed towards all Välinge fold down systems such as 5G original, 5G wedge, 5G –S, Turnsnap and the Välinge snap tab version with the tongue on the strip panel.
VA 23 is the first of 11 Välinge patent families related to fold down technology.
In total about 200 different versions of fold down systems will be patented in about 40 countries and this is anticipated to give Välinge the possibility to obtain about 8.000 patents world wide on various versions of the fold down locking technology. The main patents cover a time period until 2028.
Summary - EP applications based on Välinge VA 23 - PCT WO 2006/043893
1. Vertical folding - with sliding surfaces
2. Vertical folding - with an asymmetric tongue
3. Vertical folding - with bow shaped tongue
4. Vertical folding - with a tongue on strip panel
5. Vertical folding - with extruded tongue on strip panel
6. Vertical folding - with a groove formed in separate material
7. Vertical folding - with snapping and angling
8. Vertical folding - with a tongue in a wall of a locking groove
9. Vertical folding - with multiple vertical locking surfaces
10. Vertical folding - with pre tension on long sides
11. Vertical folding - with locking element in locking groove at first contact
12. Floor panel – with a tongue and special strip geometry
13. Floor panel - with a rigid tongue
14. Floor panel - with a tilting tongue
15. Floor panel - with an extruded V or U-shaped tongue on strip panel
16. Floor panel - with specific joint geometry
17. Tongue - comprising friction protrusions
18. Tongue - asymmetric along its length
19. Tongue - reinforced with glass fibres
20. Tongue blank - with moulded tongues
21. Tongue blank - with extruded tongues
22. Tongue blank - with asymmetric tongues
23. Fixing equipment - with hammer and wheel
24. Fixing equipment - with wheel
25. Fixing equipment - with hammer
26. Tool - to disconnect panels.
For further information, please contact:
Executive Vice President Marketing
Mobile: +46 706 23 87 29
Mobile: +46 (0)706 238 764