The present Välinge technology comprise a wide range of technology fields mainly related to floating floors, which are possible to connect with a mechanical locking system.
The technology fields are organized in three business unites and five product segments.
All technologies are available for demonstration in Viken. Full size production equipment is used to produce new prototypes of floor products comprising various combinations of all available Välinge technologies.
Such prototype production is generally made in close cooperation with Välinge's licensees and adapted to their market needs and production capabilities. This type of product development could be done in a very cost efficient way since all technology fields are available in one location and supported by advanced lab resources and technical expertise.
Välinge and its licensees have over the years introduced many unique and new floor concepts that have revolutionized the laminate and wood flooring industry and created considerable values for the end consumers.
All technologies are protected by a comprehensive patent portfolio.
BUSINESS UNITS1. BASIC LOCKING TECHNOLOGY
• 1G. Al strip. Formed and connected in one step. Locking with angling and/or snapping.
• 2G Original. One-piece angling lock on long and short side with a flat strip.
• 2G Hook. One-piece angling lock on long and hook on short side
• Tongue lock made in one piece with the core
• 3G. A separate wood fiber strip connected mechanically to the edge.
• 4G. A compact separate Al strip mechanically connected to the panel2. FOLD DOWN TECHNOLOGY
• 5G Original. Vertical snap system.
• 5G –C. Compact vertical snap system with inclined displacement groove.
• 5G+ Wedge. Double Slide Side Push system utilizing the wedge principle.
• 5G+ Bending. Double Slide Side Push system utilizing the bending principle.
• 5G-S. Single Slide Side Push system utilizing overlapping protrusions.
• 5G-S2D. Single Slide Side Push system locking vertically and horizontally.
• 5G/A. Special long side angling lock which prevents displacement during folding.
• 8G. Multi lock for advanced installations allowing locking to both tongue and groove side.
• Plastic molded and HDF based tongues.
• Inserting equipment.
• Screw cutter equipment.3. SURFACE TECHNOLOGY
• Nadura / WFF-Wood fiber floor. Powder based and “paper free” Solid Surfaces.
• WPL-Wood Powder Laminate. Printed paper on a wood powder sub layer
• WPV-Wood Powder veneer. Wood veneer on a wood powder sub layer
• Recycling of laminate flooring
• Nano Technology
PRODUCT SEGMENTS1. SPECIAL LOCKING SYSTEMS
6G. Horizontal snap lock with separate flexible locking element.
2G/A. One-piece vertical snap, locked in up angled position to overcome friction.
7G. Slide lock with friction locking of long edges
MT. Magnetic Tongue that locks with magnetic force
2G+2. EDGE TECHNOLOGY
Decorative grooves3. SPECIAL FLOOR TYPES
Small Parquet strips
Semi floating flooring
Roll to Panel floors: Resilient floors (LVT), Soft floors, Cork floors.
Light panel4. CORE TECHNOLOGY
Cork particles core
Lamella core5. PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Edge coating Technology
Combi tool production technology
Non-rotating cutting equipment
Carving6. DIGITAL PRINTING
Digital injection printing in powder
Digital Binder and Powder (BAP) printing